One of the most important parts of your computer is the motherboard. Most users don’t know the make and model of their computer’s board, even though they know at least the basic details about the processor, RAM, etc We will show you how to check what motherboard you have in your Windows PC.
We will show you four easy ways to learn the make and model of your computer board. Using the Command Prompt, installing a third-party utility, and checking Windows System Information is included. Let’s see how we can access the make and model details of the motherboard in your Windows PC.
- Method 1: Using System Information Panel (Easy Method)
- Method 2: Using Command Prompt (Expert Method)
- Method 3: Open up Your Computer Case to find Motherboard (Complaint PC easy method)
- Method 4: Using Third-party Applications (Not recommended but also possible)
- Conclusion – Easily Check What Motherboard Do I Have?
Method 1: Using System Information Panel (Easy Method)
The best method to locate the hardware information of your Windows PC is thru the System Information panel. To test what motherboard you have got the use of Windows System Information, follow the steps underneath:
- At First open the “Run” conversation field utilizing urgent Windows key + R concurrently. Now kind in or reproduction + paste “msinfo32” and hit Enter.
You can also search for “sysinfo” or “System information” within the Windows search box to get entry to System Information.
- Then in the System Information window, find the “Motherboard Manufacturer” or “Baseboard Manufacturer” choice below System Summary. In most instances, it’ll display you as the producer of your PC motherboard. You may even locate the model name beneath “Baseboard Product“.
Note: In the screenshot above it shows that I have an Acer brand motherboard. ZORO_BH is the Model name. If you search google for "Acer ZORO_BH" you can find my laptop related details.
Method 2: Using Command Prompt (Expert Method)
Another easy way to see statistics approximately your computer’s motherboard is thru the Command Prompt. Here’s the way you do it:
- First open the “Run” by clicking the “Windows” key + “R” Key on your keyboard. Now type in “cmd.exe” and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt window.
You can also open the Command Prompt by searching for “cmd” in the Windows search bar.
- After that, copy & paste the following snippet in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter.
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer
As you could see above, this command shows the manufacturer and model range of the motherboard to your Windows PC.
Method 3: Open up Your Computer Case to find Motherboard (Complaint PC easy method)
And one of the easiest ways to test what motherboard you have is to open up the PC case. It’s clean inside the case of laptop computers, nearly all of which include thumb screws nowadays. However, with laptops, you want a Philips-head screwdriver to open the lower back cowl and advantage get entry to the hardware additives.
Once you open up the computer, you’ll find the producer’s emblem and version variety imprinted on the motherboard. Even in case, you don’t discover that during an OEM laptop, you have to, probably, locate the 4-digit chipset code, which you could then seek the internet to study what motherboard you have got.
For custom-constructed PCs, you may easily find all of the information without lots of sweat, although, it is probably a bit harder in the case of OEM gadgets.
Method 4: Using Third-party Applications (Not recommended but also possible)
Plenty of third-birthday party programs offer you facts about your system hardware to varying degrees. Some of the oldest and maximum trustworthy alternatives are indexed beneath:
- CPU-Z (download)
- Open Hardware Monitor (download)
- HWiNFO (download)
- AIDA64 (download)
- Speccy (download), and extra.
All of those gear are both unfastened-to-use or shareware, with the ultimate one even being open-source. You can use any of them to test your motherboard make and model. Just download and install to use them.
Conclusion – Easily Check What Motherboard Do I Have?
Finally, that’s it. We have a complete guide on how to check your PC’s hardware. The process of checking your hardware is very easy. There are several different ways in which you can check these details, all of which require very little technical knowledge or know-how.
Again, if you like to know how to make your Windows faster with a few resources, see our blog to Debloat Windows. Drop us a comment in the section below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I liked the expert method👌