Freelancing gives you the freedom to make your schedule as you like. During the journey to become a Freelance Web Developer, you will have many questions like:
Who is a Freelance Web Developer?
Freelance web developers are self-employed professional coders who create websites for numerous customers and get paid for every task. They do not have a boss or senior employer, they get to set their personal rate, find their own clients from different platforms or networks and get paid by the client based on the understanding between them.
How Much Time Does It Take to Become a Freelance Developer?
As a freelancer, you need to be an expert in the areas of coding and canvassing business because you are the simplest one accountable for the whole system. Studying all these systems can take almost 1-4 years of development which depends on your skill level.
This is not a get-rich-quick way this takes time and dedication. Earlier when web developers were scared this was an easy way to make money as there was a huge demand. Now the completion has increased and even though you are giving your service at low-cost people won’t outsource the work unless you have the specific skill set they need for the particular web they want to develop.
So make sure before you leap. I suggest working part-time with your existing job and quit the job when you are so sure that you can make income from it.
What Skills Do You Need to be A Freelance Web Developer?
For the skills, a web developer needs to have a balance of coding and business skills. At least you should know the basics of website functioning and should have a good background in web development. If you are a complete newbie it takes time to learn. Anybody can learn if you put your mind to it.
There are two main areas for a freelance web developer to learn first the coding skills and then the business skills. These days if you don’t have business skills you can freelance work through platforms like Fiverr, Upwork etc. or if you have business skills only you can hire a web developing team under you and start as a startup. Many countries give great support to the startups like tax exemption which can skyrocket your business.
The coding skill based on priority includes:
- HTML/CSS skills
- Analytical skills
- Responsive design skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Testing and debugging skills
- Back-end basics
- Search engine optimization
Can I earn enough money?
Yes, but it gets bigger only with your experience and the quality of work you offer.
- Can you earn $100 per month? Yes
- Can you earn $500 per month? Yes
- Can you earn $1000 per month? Yes
- Can you earn $5000 per month? Yes
- Can you earn $10,000 per month? Yes
- Can you earn $50,000 per month? Yes
- It goes even up based on how you scale.
CONCLUSION – How to Start Freelancing as a Web Developer?
- Make sure it is your passion.
- Be sure that you have enough Knowledge base for it.
- Do some projects and so that you will have enough sample for the client to showcase.
- Create an action plan to impact the market.
- Focus on your niche and don’t diversify too early.
- Build your network.
- Create a stunning portfolio website.
- Give diverse choices for each customer to choose. Make it short and simple.
You might like our blog on How To Become A Successful Blogger – 5 Pro tips